A Message from The Landworkers’ Alliance
The Agriculture Bill is making a swift return to parliament on May 13th – so we need to act quickly! The Bill still has has a welcome focus on restoring nature, but it must do more to protect our supply of healthy, home grown food.
HELP US AMEND THE AG BILL NOW!
It is entirely possible to produce more of the food we need through nature-friendly, agroecological farming. To achieve this, we need to:
• Protect our farmers from being undercut by low standard trade imports
• Support a transition to agroecological farming with R&D, training, and financial incentives
Stop cheap imports, Support agroecology!
We are asking MP’s to vote for Amendment NC2 (on trade) and Amendments 18 & 19 (on agroecology) to the Agriculture Bill in the House of Commons debate scheduled for Wednesday May 13th.
- Amendment NC2 on trade only allows imports that have been produced to the same level as relevant domestic standards.
- Agroecology Amendments 18 & 19 bring together food production and the environment.
- Agroecology ensures we are responsible for our own food security at the same time as looking after the environment. A win-win for everyone!
- Please send a letter your MP and publicise to your customers and friends.
- We need a swift response and thousands of letter to MP’s quickly!
The Landworkers’ Alliance is a grassroots union representing small-scale farmers, growers and foresters in the UK.
The Landworkers’ Alliance works to overcome the obstacles faced by small to medium scale farmers, growers and foresters by campaigning for policies to support the infrastructure and markets central to it’s members livelihoods, building alliances and encouraging solidarity.
The Landworkers’ Alliance also raise awareness of the role that small-scale producers, family farmers and land-based workers play in providing food security, environmental stewardship, rural livelihoods, strong communities, animal welfare and high-quality affordable food.
The Landworkers’ Alliance are members of the global food sovereignty movement La Via Campesina.