Consultation on the future of the Sustainable Food Cities (SFC) Programme:
A big thank you to everyone who participated in the SFC consultation survey and workshops on the future of the SFC programme.
In all, 29 members responded to the online survey and 45 members participated in the five workshops around the UK in November. We are extremely grateful for the time and thought that you put into this process and will incorporate the consultation findings into our forward planning for the SFC programme.
Headlines emerging from the consultation
- Exploring how the Network can become more autonomous, self-supporting and inclusive;
- Increasing programme transparency and finding ways for members to get involved in decision making;
- Focusing SFC support on building Network members’ capacity and facilitating peer to peer support;
- Gathering robust evidence to help make the case for SFC;
- Updating and stream-lining the Awards framework and process.
Initial analysis identifying these and other cross-cutting themes and more detailed suggestions was presented to a meeting of the SFC Programme Management Board and the Operations Team just before Christmas and will be included in our discussions with the Esmée Fairbairn Foundation re a potential Phase 3 programme in late February.
One suggestion from the consultation that we wanted to implement straight away is providing you with brief highlights on some of the wider developments in the SFC programme every month in the newsletter here. Please don’t hesitate to give us feedback